Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Joy


Keep Smilin by Malcolm Jamal Warner


Lovely Day by Bill Withers




Singin' In The Rain by Gene Kelly
 
 
Writings From The Baha'i Faith on Joy:
 
"Be happy and joyous because the bestowals of God are intended for you and the life of the Holy Spirit is breathing upon you."
 (Abdu'l-Baha, The Promulgation of Universal Peace, p. 214)
 
"Joy gives us wings! In times of joy our strength is more vital, our intellect keener, and our understanding less clouded. We seem better able to cope with the world and to find our sphere of usefulness. But when sadness visits us we become weak, our strength leaves us, our comprehension is dim and our intelligence veiled. The actualities of life seem to elude our grasp, the eyes of our spirits fail to discover the sacred mysteries, and we become even as dead beings."
 (Abdu'l-Baha, Paris Talks, p. 109)
 
 
"O God! Refresh and gladden my spirit. Purify my heart. Illumine my powers. I lay all my affairs in Thy hand. Thou art my Guide and my Refuge. I will no longer be sorrowful and grieved; I will be a happy and joyful being. O God! I will no longer be full of anxiety, nor will I let trouble harass me. I will not dwell on the unpleasant things of life.
O God! Thou art more friend to me than I am to myself. I dedicate myself to Thee, O Lord."
- 'Abdu'l-Bahá
 (Compilations, Baha'i Prayers, p. 150)
 
 
Music Bibliography:
Keep Smilin' by Malcolm Jamal Warner is on the album Love And Other Social Issues
Lovely Day by Bill Withers is on the album Greatest Hits
Singin' In The Rain by Gene Kelley is on the soundtrack for Singin in the Rain
 
All of these songs are available on iTunes
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment